Wednesday 11 September 2013

Filofax pros and cons: personal size


In my last post, I summarised the main pros and cons of my A5 sized binders and what they are used for. Although they total nine (eek. Really??) they are all (bar one) in use. The same cannot be said about the collection of personal size filofaxes (and two Mulberries) I have. Here we go (take a deep breath!):

Type
Pros
Cons
Current use/location
Selling?
Gorgeous colour; lies flat-as-a-bat; excellent layout; squishy leather
None
Bottom drawer of my desk, as I can only use one carry-around at once
Ha ha ha ha ha
No
Gorgeous colour; lies flat-as-a-bat; excellent layout; squishy leather
None
My current carry-around
Ha ha ha ha ha
No
Green Portland
Excellent quality; great colour; good interior layout; lies flat-as-a-bat; soft leather
Could do with one more pocket inside
Lives in the bookcase next to my desk
No
Navy Portland
Excellent quality; great colour; good interior layout; lies flat-as-a-bat; soft leather
Could do with one more pocket inside; the zipper cover is easily bent
Goal-planning filofax plus other household stuff
No
Rich colour; zillions of pockets; good layout; lots of card slots; lies flat-as-a-bat
Not a bright enough colour for me; some of the pockets are not all that useful
It’s in the drawer of my desk, unused
Probably
Rich colour; zillions of pockets; good layout; lots of card slots; lies flat-as-a-bat
Some of the pockets are not all that useful; the colour isn’t quite bright or classical enough for me
It’s in the drawer of my desk, unused
Probably
Great card-slots; 30 mm rings; good quality; lies flat-as-a-bat
It’s black and I need more colour usually; fully loaded it weighs a tonne
It’s in the drawer of my desk, holding spare inserts
No (it’s a Cavendish; it has 30mm rings...)
Red
A6 Mulberry in red patent leather
Great quality; fantastic colour; excellent page size (and easy to make inserts for)
The card slots are too stiff;
Didn’t lie flat easily
It’s in the bottom drawer of my desk, singing siren songs to me
No (she would kill me first)
Indie
A6 brown leather Mulberry
Great quality; sexy as hell; excellent page size (and easy to make inserts for); lies flat-as-a-bat
The card slots are a bit stiff
Malawi binder – holds diary and notes and so on for going to Malawi
Ha ha ha ha ha
NO!

I did have a grape domino, but I gave that away. I will probably sell the two Holborns (anyone interested, give me a shout!) – they are lovely but they are not as lovely as either the Baroques or the Portlands so the chances of me using them again are zilch.

Next up, the pocket size binders and smaller. Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

1 comment: